Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My Skin Saviors for Acne

Hello!

Lately...and I am talking for the past few weeks, I have been struggling with my Skin...agh! If you suffer or have suffered from acne you feel my discontent. I normally get the occasional breakouts here and there (you know, when is that time of the month) but recently my skin freaked out completely, I mean I had almost every single skin problem you can think of; from small blemishes to really big and painful zits, as well as some dry patches in combination to my already oily skin, what a combo, right..? Well, I could blame a series of possibilities as to why that happened, but today I want to focus on how and what has been helping my skin recover from that horrible stage.

First, drink lots of water. Water really helps combat dehydrated skin. This is actually a weird to understand concept, and I say that because my skin is in its majority very oily, so I thought that since it being oily I wouldn't in a million years think of my skin being dehydrated...well it was. So drinking a lot of water definitely helped. Continuing on with the dehydration concept, I have been moisturizing a lot more and better than I used to. I have been using lovely products to moisturize, such as the Clinique Moisture Surge cream for the day and Concha Nacar Night cream for the evening, as the name suggest. Concha Nacar Also helps with scaring, so I use this mainly in those areas.

The Products that I use to Cleanse and prepare my skin before I actually Moisturize have been: The Body Shop Comomile Cleansing Butter to cleanse my face and get rid of makeup, which I made an entire blog post about. Once my skin is cleansed I been using Proactive's Refining Mask on the areas with most break outs (I only do this twice a week) then, I follow up with a toner and for that I use Proactive 3 step toner which I find very gentle and is alcohol free, so it won't dry out my skin and then I use The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil right on any active spots, and this goes right on the spot so it won't dry the outer areas. Then I moisturize, and my routine is done.

So to resume, Cleanse, Tone, Treat, and Moisturize. Very simple yet important, and this has definitely helped me and my skin. Do you have any tips and tricks that have helped your skin recover or be the most flawless it can be? You mind sharing? Lol.

XO,
Moniquitabella.

------------------------------------------------ Shop Here --------------------------------------------------------











No comments:

Post a Comment